- Daily Gathering
- Understanding the world
- Question & Answer
- Personal Expression
About The Program
The program builds a strong educational foundation and meets individual student needs.
We carefully select the best materials available and use a multi-intelligence teaching approach.
Do you teach English? NO! I teach kindergarten in English.
- Language Arts-Phonics, Reading, Writing, Literacy
- Math -Science
- Social Studies/Geography
- Physical Education
Each week a child is selected to be “Super Star” for the week. The child that is chosen has shown diligence in their work as well as a positive attitude.
The student has the opportunity to bring something from home to show & tell the other students about the item.
- Builds confidence
- Decreases shyness
- Improves vocabulary
- Reinforces oral skills
- Helps pronunciation
Language Arts includes:
- Phonics (pronunciation/fluency)
- Reading (alphabet/word recognition)
More about Phonics
We have developed a unique Phonics Program. The students learn their ABCs through looking and listening, then moving and speaking. They quickly begin to speak fluently with proper intonation
Science and Discovery
Science lessons are all about discovery and ‘hands-on’ projects!
Our students use many methods to discover and then use their math skills using authentic materials and practical applications.
- Ordinal Numbers
- Problem Solving
Physical matter , Living things, Weather, Force and motion, Insects, Plants, Sound
Human body, Heat and light, Ecosystems
Physical Education & TPR
Activities are designed to encourage the development of both fine and gross motor skills.
Students learn vocabulary and how to express themselves using their bodies.
TPR- Total Physical Response is used in ALL lessons.
- Students use programs which provide review and practice in all subject areas.
- They practice sounds, spelling and saying vocabulary words.
- They view presentations on a large screen TV to learn new vocabulary and concepts in English.
Art is a wonderful way for children to express ideas and feelings through a variety of media.
Experiment Co-operate Collaborate Artistic projects
We use songs that quickly become familiar to the students.
- Songs are often about things students already know such as family, colors, the weather and food.
- Music also follows my strong belief in using rhyme, repetition and movement with students
Drama and Role-Play
Students will participate in a variety of role-play and drama experiences which will reinforce and review of all English concepts learned.
They always have so much fun laughing and playing while using their English skills!
Cultural Diversity & Camp
We learn about other countries and find the similarities as well as the differences.
Students discover how holidays are celebrated in other countries, as well as the food they eat, the clothes they wear, the music, the art and much more!
Students will be encouraged to become responsible citizens through a comprehensive character education program in which the principles of honesty, responsibility, courage, and respect are emphasized.
Students will study families, geography, their community, community helpers, transportation and safety.
- Students learn about the world, starting with their own country.
- They will learn about the 7 continents and various countries.
- They will learn to say ‘Hello’ in many different languages and be able to identify country flags.